So, it’s Monday 4th of January, the first day back at work and school for so many. As a SAHM/on mat leave mummy, I have a hyper 13 month old who is currently rolling around the living room floor shrieking and laughing as she chases a ball, and more poinantly, keeps wanting to check every room for “da”. I, however, am already feeling it, two cups of tea down and I’m indeed of that elusive latte. I’m afraid on a day like today, where I’m back to my own two hands, when little one was up til midnight not feeling well, I need proper coffee, not instant, not filtered at home, not cafetiere… No, only a decent coffee shop latte will do the job.
Here are 5 reasons the first day is always the worst:
- Baby always has a bad day on a Monday… Ever since daddy first went back to work when she was 2 weeks old, she cried and was hungry all day.
- Two pairs of hands make such a difference
- I can’t pee without putting baby somewhere safe first… Really it sounds simple but it’s not!
- When daddy is home I can even shower without the baby monitor on!
- Baby spends the day looking for daddy, it’s very cute to write, and read, and think, but sooooo exhausting for mummy
So here’s to 2016, to SAHM’s and to the fun we’ll have tomorrow once the routine has set in again…