Welcome to November!
We had a lovely October with our first family holiday since baby arrived (read about it here). Cornwall was lovely, our cottage just what we needed and the Eden Project unlike anywhere else.
Little H who is so close to walking it’s ridiculous, turned 11 months, which was a rather scary milestone as it means her first birthday is just round the corner. However, I’m trying to treat this as an exciting milestone, one where mummy can plan her first 1st birthday party! My parents are coming to a stay for it so we’re all very excited to see them very soon, and that they’ll be here to celebrate little H’s big day. We just need to win the lottery so that we can buy some helicopters to make it much easier to see them more!!
We’ve also been busy with our new house and have just finished decorating the playroom. We just need the new carpet installed and then to finish adding the finishing touches… Wall stickers, curtains and some pictures.
Now onto blogging, well it’s been a bumper month despite having a down week while we were on holiday (the lack of internet and phone signal saw to that)- and somehow I seem to have over 1700 Twitter followers… Really I’m in awe. Thank you so much for following!
I was very honoured at the start of October to be nominated as ‘Mum Blogger of the Week‘ by MummyPages – a huge thank you to them!
Most read post: 8am mummies, how do you do it?
It also received the most post views on the #ABitOfEverything #linky last week (hosted by The Anxious Dragon and Agent Spitback)- seriously wow thank you everyone! And, also a lovely mention from Emma (Farmers Wife & Mummy) on #MaternityMondays #linky – a huge thank you Emma! And, included in ‘Friday Fabulous Five’ by Louise at Little Hearts Big Love
It’s lovely to be mentioned and so honouring knowing a) people do actually read what I write, and, b) that they identify with it, understand, and like it. Thank you big and to every single reader who has read and commented!
Big moment: being asked to review the new UME One Pushchair by Summer Infant (I was actually asked in September, but didn’t get it til October)…. It’s a fantastic pushchair, even friends comment on it’s usability and how comfy Baby H looks. Check out my review here!
My favourite posts:
- I’m a mummy, here are 8 reasons I love the weekends – Netmums had a post called Mummies don’t get weekends, but I disagree, I definitely do! Ok they’re not what they were before baby, but who needs a lie in?
- Review: Nuby Stackable Suction Bowls – a brilliant product that’s made H love food! …. Well feed herself be the handful!
Now, for November…. The month my baby turns 1! Eeeek!
- #TheBabyFormula – The launch of my new linky on Monday 9th November! It’s a bit quirky, taking in my inner geek, if your post includes a %, 10/10, +, = link it up!… So a product review easily fits this, or a fun post ‘weaning = bath time’ with a picture of baby covered in spag bol in the bath… See easy and fun! I hope you’ll link up on Monday ?
- Grow my facebook following – if you’re not following me, please click now ?
- Remember to post to instagram… Sometimes I just forget!
- Write some more funny posts – I love these, and really enjoy writing them, but they happen when inspiration strikes (or baby does something outrageous)
- Finally publish my ‘Linkys I Love’ page…. Seriously I’ve been working on this for 3 months, it’s just so many links! Expect a Tweet in the next 2 weeks, if you’re a linky host I join regularly!
- Launch my new Guest Series – #BehindTheLinky … If you’re a #linkyhost and would like to be involved, drop me a message (email, tweet or any other form!)
Oh and in terms of non-blogging:
- Come to terms with Baby H turning 1! Expect lots of heartfelt posts as the big day draws closer!
- Party planning (ok probably posts about that too)
- A night out with hubby (fingers crossed, mum, if you’re reading this… Will you babysit when you’re staying????)
- Finish making H’s birthday card to be sent into cbeebies ? I always wanted one read out (though, I don’t think I ever watched tv on my birthday, I just remember playing all day when I was wee)
- Maybe get a new car (on our Cornwall trip, we realised we’re making life hard for ourselves…. The car was crammed)
- …… Christmas shopping, I guess with a birthday and christmas coming up I need to be much more organised from now on. Ideas on a postcard please……!
Ok, that’s enough for one month!
How busy is your November looking?