We loved this high chair as son as we saw it, it looked so fun and even better, it folded so we could save space. Bonus!??However, in reality we’re not too impressed.??
- Fun design
- Folds so doesn’t take up much space when not in use
- Wipe clean seat cover which comes on and off very easily
- Has a leg post so H feels vaguely secure while you wrestle with the straps and buckle (though given the space around her in the seat, she’s never going to feel completely secure)
- Large tray (though a bit too far away and so much space to her sides so she can just drop her food beside her
- Tray has 3 settings
- Big basket for storing bibs and catches some stray food aswell ?
- the seat is far too big for H, it’s really wide
- the tray doesn’t come anywhere near close enough and is too high
- the straps don’t have any strap covers (you know, like on all pushchairs) so H keeps getting red marks on her neck as they are really really rough
- The buckle is really really big and it does feel like it might take off my finger, nevermind H’s!
- Hubby did get a finger stuck while collapsing it
- I find it quick cumbersome to fold and unfold (we now don’t do this as H crawls over to it and could pull it over)
- I’m not sure on how long it would last, as H’s head is almost at the top of the chair! (Odd given the width of the chair and the adjustments on the table, along with the fact there is a fixed leg post which means baby is confined (H doesn’t have any room to grow already at 8 months!))
I don’t like the straps or the buckle – red marks, night after night, are a big no-no in my book. The tray is also too far away.
The tray does have a few settings and we always use the closest. However at the weekend, we’re not sure what H did, but he tray came off with a massive crash. We hadn’t adjusted the tray since the day before and so are sure it was in the ‘catch’ properly. So, I do think there are better high chairs that I would trust more.
I wish I’d bought the Ikea Antelope, H has used our friends’ one and the tray is much better and is nice and close, she felt secure even without the straps and the tray was a the right hight, the Panda tray is just too high.
Disclaimer: ?we bought this highchair using our own money, and, as always, all opinions are my own.