I started this post before my blog went live, about 3 months ago…. so I thought it’s about time I finished it before H is one!
I see those put-together, out of the house, perfectly dressed, make up perfect mummies and wonder…
- Is your baby really always that smiley, why does your baby never have an off day? Why is she never sick on you, grumpy or crying uncontrollably?
- Do you really do everything on your Facebook page or have you staged those photos? How do you do so much with a newborn and a dog/toddler/cat in tow? The park, the supermarket, a hill walk, a day trip, is more than challenging enough with a baby, nevermind a newborn, nevermind how on earth, do you find time to walk a dog? I barely get out of the house by 2pm, how do you take a dog out morning, noon and night?
- Is that the same park visit from last week? Please tell me it is, because I’ve tried to set foot outside the door, but it didn’t happen today, and actually, it didn’t happen yesterday either. How did you post photos from the park by 10am?! Please, how? What’s your magic formula?
- How is your house so clean, it’s spotless and quite frankly there isn’t a thing on your worktop, no shoe out of place, no pile of clothes on the chair, no dirty mugs, no lunch plate visible. Where is all your stuff? Better yet, where is all the junk, the baby paraphernalia, the thrown to the side wet wipes, the mug of tea with tea still in it, the biscuit crumbs where you’ve lived off biscuits all morning because baby needed feeding and that was the quickest breakfast and lunch you could find? When on earth did you actually find time to clean, nevermind tidy, nevermind be nothing-out-of-place super crazy neat?
- And most of all, how do you have the time, never mind the energy to bake cakes too?
If you can do any of this, I think you’re a super mum, how do you do it? If you can’t either, please tell me I’m not alone!
Much messy love,
(Aka the New Mummy Blogger who has a semi messy house and can’t get out the house before 10…. and I have an 11 month old)