So I wrote at the weekend about why I make homemade pasta sauce and why I’ve been doing this much more since H has been weaning (read about my reasons here). It’s such a simple quick and easy thing to do, and perfect for feeding us and toddler H with the same meal, so I thought I’d share my quick and easy home-made pasta sauce recipe here…
I say recipe, but really it’s just bung some basics in a saucepan… sometimes I just bung it in a frying pan or into the wok if it’s something that could do with sauce.
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes for 2 people (feel free to use 2 cans, as I often do if I’m making enough for Toddler H meals too)
- pepper if you want… I mostly don’t
It’s very flexible…. so you can use mixed herbs if you don’t have the above herbs.
1. Cook your pasta/brown your mince/cook your chicken…. what ever it is you’re having with the sauce
2. Dice the onion
3. Brown the onion
4. Add the rest pan (chopped tomatoes, herbs)
5. Let it simmer for a few minutes
6. Serve/mix with your pasta…. do what ever it is you were going to do with your jar of shop bought sauce, BUT, revel in the fact that you know exactly what is in this one.
Easy peasy… 🙂
Sometimes I use this as it is above, other times as the basis for my chilli, spag bol or even enchilladas. Also you can also add mushrooms, peppers, olives, sausage, lots of garlic to make more interesting pasta sauces.
Hope you found this useful!
*** Check out my other recipes too! ***