We’ve now been on two caravan holidays with the toddler, so we’ve got a few tips for what to take up our sleeves! Both caravan holidays were to Parkdean sites staying in a static caravan, the first Ruda Holiday Park in Croyde, North Devon, which we thoroughly recommend, and the second to West Bay, Dorset – where Broadchurch is filmed (review soon)! This caravan holiday packing list takes into account all the extras you need when going to a static caravan with a toddler and has been tested twice so far and we think it works!
Once we add baby into the mix too, I’ll have to write a new caravan packing list as I’m sure baby will need stuff too!!
- Bath towels
- Hand towels
- 2-3 Soaps (one for each bathroom & kitchen)
- Tooth brushes
- Toothpaste – adult and toddler!! – We forgot the Toddlers’ tooth paste the first time!
- Toilet roll
- washing up liquid
- tea towels
- sandwich bags
- bin bags (we only had one provided)
- antibac wipes
- Kitchen roll
Kitchen – food basics
- cooking oil
- bed guard or travel cot (these can be provided, but are often incur an extra charge)
- toddler duvet/sleeping bag
- toddler blankets (for extra warmth)
- toddler’s cutlery
- toddler’s plate/bowl
- toddler’s dressing gown and slippers (we had central heating & double glazing but it was still a bit chilly in the morning)
- bed time things e.g. cuddly toys/ lightshow projector/books
- step for cleaning teeth/washing hands
- bucket and spade
- dvds of any programmes in the toddler’s routine (we had freeview, but not all channels and you might be out of the normal routine and miss the live version!)
It may also be useful to take a portable folding stair gate to stop the toddler escaping their room/entering the living area.
- waterproof jackets and trousers
- decent trainers/walking boots/wellies
- sun hat
- sun tan cream
- Usual clothes & underwear!
- Swim wear
- Towel each for pool
We stayed in a caravan with central heating and double glazing in September and in March and it made a huge difference athough could still it cold first thing.
If yours doesn’t have these (I’d recommend you get one that does!), then you’ll also need:
- warm clothes for sleeping in
- toddler/baby’s sleeping bag
- extra blankets/duvets
- slippers/dressing gowns for everyone
I hope this static caravan holiday packing list helps, and if you have any other suggestions, please pop them in the comments and I’ll add them in (with a link to you!).
Toddlers really do add quite a bit to your packing list!
Happy caravan holidays!