Earlier this week I was nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award by Briony at Anyway to Stay at Home. I was thrilled as who doesn’t like to be nominated for something? And, I was flattered to be thought of. I’ll be frank though, I hadn’t heard of this award before, but once I realised what it was I thought I can do that this week!
The Blogger Recognition Award, rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
The Blogger Recognition Award…
Thank you for the nomination Briony! If you don’t already follow Any Way to Stay at Home… do! 😀
How & why I started New Mummy Blog…
I started New Mummy Blog after a few months of thinking about it. Hubby was all for it too, and once I thought of a name we bought the website address and I simultaneously claimed all the social media channels. I had worked in data analytics, including social media analysis and website analysis before becoming a mummy, so knew the power of having all the tools.
Why did I start, well by the time I wrote my first blog post Toddler H (she was known as Baby H then), was 7 months old. In the previous year since falling pregnant hubby and I had spent a ridiculous number of hours researching baby products, choosing what we thought were the best based on reviews. I knew the power of a blog a real person saying what they thought, and knew that even with all our research we had some products we’d recommend to the ends of the earth and some we wouldn’t buy a second time round.
Blogging Advice to new bloggers…
1. Go for it. Write from the heart, well to be frank, write whatever you want! Enjoy it and take a step back if you need to.
2. Join twitter, follow other bloggers, share your posts. If you really want to make your post seen, search for #linkies and join in.
- Mum In Brum
- Mum Muddling Through
- Beauty Baby and Me
- Motherhood The Real Deal
- Pink Pear Bear
- This Mum’s Life
- Run Jump Scrap
- All the Beautiful Things
- Hot Pink Wellingtons
- Dear Bear and Beany
- Confessions of a Crummy Mummy
- Cuddle Fairy
- Mrs MaGovern
- Brummy Mummy of Two
- Five Little Doves
I can’t wait to hear how you started your blogs!
And to new bloggers who might be reading this… seriously if you have any questions just ask! I have a few posts covering tips on starting blogging so do check them out.