I tried an egg free pancake recipe as we didn’t have any eggs, and for some reason I was craving pancakes right now. Pregnancy certainly has its advantages and good excuses! My sister is allergic to eggs so we always grew up having egg free pancakes on pancake day so I already knew they could be yummy, and these definitely were. It wasn’t my intention to blog about making pancakes, but seriously they were delicious so I couldn’t not tell you about them!
I love that as this recipe doesn’t include eggs it just needs standard store cupboard ingredients. I can make pancakes anytime – which is amazing!
Egg free pancake recipe
I kind of followed the pancake recipe on ‘No Eggs!‘ but I multiplied each measurement by 1.5 and used less baking powder as well as slightly less milk, replacing it with water. I had to save some milk for H to drink the next morning and have in her cereal!
So my recipe looked like this:
6 oz plain flour
3 flat teaspoons baking powder
1 very rounded (overflowing) teaspoon caster sugar
3 flat tablespoons oil (I used sunflower oil)
2-3 tablespoons water (I’m not sure my transferring to the bowl was very good!)
Also… mix together:
- 10 fl oz whole milk
- 4.5 fl oz water
- Add all ingredients except milk/water mixture to a bowl and stir a bit.
- Add the milk and water together. Add milk and water mixture slowly to the other ingredients and whisk. Stop whisking if bubbles start to appear.
- Heat up a flying pan/skillet to a very hot heat.
- Add oil and make sure it heats up and covers the base. Make sure it’s very hot and covered.
- Use a ladel to spoon you mixture into the frying pan and swish it round as soon as it hits the pan. It will start cooking and solidifying straight away.
- Let the mixture cook on one side for less than 30 seconds, definitely no more (if the pan is hot enough). Then flip it and cook the other side for another 30 seconds. If you notice brown edges appearing flip it quickly!
Repeat umpteen times.
I think we got 12 pancakes from our mixture, cooked in a 14 inch Tefal frying pan (I just made sure the red dot was solid and it was really hot) – so be careful!
These were the best pancakes I’ve ever made, the mixture was just the right consistency, they cooked just right and tasted delicious. It was seriously quick and easy and the fact they are egg free means I’ve always got ingredients sat in the cupboard! #mummywin
Actually I also love the fact there is next to no sugar in them, just 1 very rounded teaspoon and no butter too. Well, I say that and then we added all the Nutella, jam, and sugar and lemon by the spoonful! I guess we’d have done that anyway so they were healthier than they would have been.
If you try this recipe let me know what you think. Did you find them quick and easy to cook? Did they also taste delicious? Are they the beat you’ve ever cooked?
Please share if you like this post 👍🏻
*** Check out my other recipes too! ***