Before baby H was born we were given loads of advice, buy this, don’t buy that. 7 months on, we agree with some, aren’t fussy about others, and really should have bothered with the rest.
Description from Amazon:
- “Effective tool for settling restless babies and toddlers into a peaceful slumber
- Attaches securely to cot bars or can be placed next to your moses basket
- Plays real heartbeat and womb sound combinations that mimic the noises babies hear inside the womb together with soothing pink glow
- Choice of 3 further pink noise sound combinations, suitable for older babies and toddlers including rain, vacuum cleaner and harp music all combined with the heartbeat.
- Take ewan on the go–attached to the buggy or car seat”
- Comforting as baby H has known Ewan her whole life.
- Works to an extent helping her to sleep – comfort, soothing sounds she’s used to.
- Easy for baby to switch on – the buttons are embedded in the paws
- ‘Womb’ pink light is soothing.
- Has a loop for attaching to the cot/pushchair/pram – very useful as she always knows exactly where Ewan is in her cot.
- Range of sounds are very limited, free Apps offer more.
- Volume is too low to ‘confuse’ baby to sleep, may work as comfort though when baby ‘knows’ Ewan.
- Doubt it would calm and put an upset or crying baby to sleep.
- Quite expensive for a ‘comforter’.
Some piccys of Ewan in action:
Cost: ?29.99 (RRP) You can buy Ewan?from?Amazon by clicking here: Ewan the Dream Sheep.
I’d say this is not a ‘must have’, the volume is too low for it to really work. An App like ‘whitenoise’ or ‘Relax MD’ works better – these have variable run length, volume and a pleathora of sounds from rain fall, waterfalls, thunderstorms, birds tweeting, streams, white noise.?However, H LOVES Ewan, she’s known him her whole life, she switches him on herself and has done since 4 months old, but he doesn’t put her to sleep, just provides comfort. She hears Ewan and knows it’s bed time, so in that way, he does work! She also wakes up in the night (and morning), and next thing hubby and I hear is one of Ewan’s sounds. Again, this is a massive positive as she either goes back to sleep or is quite happy to play for a while longer before shouting for us.
Disclaimer: all opinions are my own and Ewan was bought for us by a family member as a gift.