We’ve mostly pottered about this week, doing shopping, meeting friends and play dates, avoiding everywhere that’s busy with school holiday craziness.
- Hill walk – last weekend we had our first hill walk as a family of four
- Park play dates – we met our friends at the park for a morning run about – always a hit! I just wish that park also had coffee (and toilets!)
- Garden time – we got some useful gardening done last weekend and planted our Apple tree which we had moved from our old house. Fingers crossed for apples next year!
- Calligraphy – Wednesday was #WorldCalligraphyDay and I really have been enjoying learning calligraphy for it. I also have a giveaway to win a beginners calligraphy set and Duotip calligraphy pens too…
View this post on Instagram
* #WorldCalligraphyDay & #Giveaway * http://www.newmummyblog.com/giveaway-im-trying-calligraphy-worldcalligraphyday/ It's World #calligraphyday and I've sat practicing while Toddler H ate breakfast and painted… I think I might write using a fountain pen from now on, it's just so pretty ❤️ There's a giveaway over on the blog to win your own #begginerscalligraphy set and Duotip pens! #calligraphy #calligraphynewbie #learningcalligraphy #manuscriptwcd #rockingmummylife #freebies #win
- Takeaway – hubby and I had a delicious takeaway last Saturday. We’re very pleased to have found a good Chinese that delivers. We had been going to try Deliveroo from our favourite Thai restaurant which we’ve not eaten at since H was born, but apparently we live too far out and Deliveroo don’t deliver to us!
We only had one stressful day where I phoned hubby to stop at the shop for more wine. We’d had a rubbish afternoon and subsequently a tired H had had an accident on the kitchen floor, followed by one in the cloakroom right in front of the toilet. I actually phoned him from the cloakroom having lifted H onto the toilet mid wee and while I took my wee-soaked socks off. #rockingmummylife
View this post on Instagram
* B A D D E C I S I O N S ? * Do you ever go to a park or a picnic or a soft play and think that was such a bad idea? That's what I think I just did. H had fun with her friends, BUT the older kids running around, the older kids playing on the same equipment just made it stressful. Older kids play so differently to 2 year olds. Two year olds just don't understand how older kids play, whether it's wanting to join in with school kids playing football or not understanding they're not big enough to throw the soft play blocks… Well actually should anyone be throwing the soft play blocks? That's actually the issue too! It was also hot, like "where did that heat and sunshine" come from hot. It was at lunch time and tbh I'm not sure I made the right call assuming H would eat the picnic food. I should have taken my own sandwiches for her. After lots of tears, seriously if you don't have kids, it's unbelievable how much can a tired toddler cry! Lots. Lots of tears over everything and nothing. Demands to "go inside," cries of "but it's windy, we need to go inside," tears because "my hurt my leg/cheek/arm/hand/undisclosed body part." I arrived home exhausted. Wishing we hadn't gone. I had a baby crying for more milk, a toddler crying for the green monster (Shrek) and her 'special bed' (a few pillows and her Peppa throw on the floor), and me, just desperate for a seat and a coffee ☕️. Now, to count down til hubby gets home 🏡 and I can crack open the wine 🍷… or maybe this is a #prosecco day? 🍾 Today it really feels like I'm NOT #rockingmummylife 😞 Anyone else feel like this sometimes? #mummy #motherhoodunplugged #coolmumclub #latte #coffee #picnic #toddler #exhausted
Hope you’ve had a lovely week!