Entertain the kids with streaming and classes… COVID-19 home with the kids
Firstly I haven’t watched every single one of these, they are events I have heard about, stumbled across and found through searching for events for my kids to watch/answer questions they have. However, I am sure they will be useful to many parents also experiencing this new ‘stay at home’ situation, while juggling work, being separated from family, and those like me juggling younger kids as well.
Most of these live streams can be watched again later, either on Facebook or YouTube.
Live classes to watch/stream during COVID-19 #stayhomestaysafe
- PE with Joe (YouTube)
- Jump Start Jonny – fun, energetic, whooptastic workout which will get the whole family moving!!! (Facebook/YouTube)
- Radio Blogging Interactive Literacy Programme – author interviews and young writers read their stories aloud (radioblogging.net)
- Wildlife/Geography Live with Steve Backshall (YouTube)
- Tumble Tots UK Live (FaceBook)
- STEM and stories with Konnie Huq (YouTube) – Mon & Wed STEM, Tue & Thur stories, Fri baking.
- Little Learners UK crafts and activities every day at 10am (Facebook).
- Glasgow Science Centre science and science experiments at home everyday on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) #GSCAtHome
- Boogie Beat Music and Movement Cheltenham class live (Facebook)
- National Aquarium Toddler Tuesday crafts (Facebook)
- #drawwithrob Drawing lesson with Rob Biddulph (Facebook/YouTube)
- Linguabugs en Famille – age 3-8 learn FRENCH live at 10 in the group (Facebook)
- Sarah’s Storybook workshop – writing stories and learning to draw – with author and illustrator Sarah Parkinson (Sarah Sparky) (Facebook)
Social Distance Tots – free online toddler baby group. Songs, stories, bubbles… (Facebook)
- David Walliams – Audio Elevenses stories (www.worldofdavidwalliams.com)
- Maddie Moate – science (YouTube)
- Hobbycraft – Daily Kids Craft Club (Facebook/Instagram)
- Partybugs Live storytelling adventures based on books with printable activity sheets (Facebook)
- Oti Mabuse dance class (YouTube)
- National Aquarium Live (Facebook)
- Drawing request workshop (requests in by Wed. 8pm) with author and illustrator Sarah Parkinson (Sarah Sparky) (Facebook)
- Any suggestions anyone?
- Sing along or stories with Disney Princess – Singing Princess Company (Facebook)
- Candice Brown food technology – baking! (Instagram)
- Zumba Kids Classes (register in advance on using event link on Facebook page) hosted by Zumba with Lucy, Zumba with Jen and Zumba Kids Camp.
- James Meyhew daily story (author/illustrator of best-selling Katie and Ella Bella Ballerina books) – #storytime4hometime (Facebook/YouTube)
- Reef Relief Marine Science virtual classroom lessons (10.30am EST) (Facebook)
- Adult Zumba with AmyZumbaCheltenham (Facebook)
- Draw with Steve Harpster /Harptoons Publishing (at 2pm EST) (Facebook)
I really hope you find this list useful!
Suggest/Submit a class
Do let me know in the comments, and if you have any CLASS SUGGESTIONS to add to this list and to the daily posts..
How to let me suggest a class/online/live/activity for NMB COVID-19 parents help section:
- Add a comment with details,
- Use the form – submit an activity/live class/thing to do from home on my “#stayhome things to do with kids submit an idea form”
- Let me know on social media – I’m happy to share on social too. #weareallinthistogether
If your online class requires payment, I would also be happy to include it on the “What’s on” daily post section.
I started this list last week, in our first week of being #stayhomestaysafe and so we also had the pleasure of watching Chester Zoo’s VIRTUAL ZOO DAY – a live visit the zoo which was on Friday 23rd March. They have saved all their videos to Chester Zoo YouTube page and their Facebook page, so I do recommend catching up – from red panda’s to butterflies we loved their videos are learnt a lot.
I’ll be sharing some awesome aquarium and zoo live feeds not to be missed as well, so you can get that field trip from home. Pack a picnic and learn about the world we live in from the safety of home. Watch out for that list later this week, or follow me on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter to get more ideas quicker!