As you’ll guess from the title, I’ve made a bit if a boo boo on this count.
I bought a few baby toys from a girl who lives nearby, her little ones are too old didn’t need them anymore. I thought maracas and a tambourine would be fun toys for Baby H. She loves the maracas at the baby bounce sessions at the local library, and I’ve been meaning to buy her some.??
?So I cleaned them using anti-bac wipes. A few minutes later was busy cleaning bottles to be sterilised, and thought why not grow the new toys in too? In my sleep deprived state, this seemed like a sensible idea. Baby H had been up 3 times in the night and wide awake playing since 6am, with no nap in sight. So I popped them I the tub, dumped it in the microwave and went off to play with H. The microwave finished, and 10 or so minutes later I popped off to the kitchen to get the new toys for us to play with. This is what they now look like:
Well, these are no use to H! I was devastated (again baby brain = small things appear much bigger). I’d been so excited at her new toys and now she couldn’t play with them ? The maracas is split and warped, the tambourine also warped horribly.
Hubby thought it quite funny that I’d even thought to sterilise them when I, quite upset told him I’d wrecked H’s new toys. He thought I had used sterilising wipes or Milton, not microwave sterilising. It was only when showing him, that we twigged I’d put so much metal in the microwave…. See the metal discs and metal screws? We’re not sure how it didn’t spark (maybe it did I just wasn’t in the kitchen and the dishwasher was also on). So in actual fact, we’re very very lucky it’s only the toys that got a bit warped, as the kitchen is still in tact and the microwave still works!
Silly mummy with her sleepy baby brain! I feel so so stupid.
Have you done anything silly like this? Please let me know I’m not alone, or just show your support, by leaving me a lovely comment! ?