Love planes, cars, things for kids, flypasts and food? Need a family day out? Well, the second Cotswold Airport Revival Festival at the end of September is a family festival running in south Gloucestershire at Cotswold Airport. I’ve kindly been given a 20% discount code for my readers to use! Adult tickets are £12, and kids under 12 free.
First, though a bit more about the festival.
Cotswold Airport Revival Festival
“On 29th and 30th September Cotswold Airport is throwing an incredible vintage and wartime extravaganza, the ‘Cotswold Airport Revival Festival’. Last year was the inaugural launch, which started out as an informal fundraising Open Day for 500 people, and ended up as a major event with over 10,000 visitors!”
Star features not to be missed include:
– A huge display of vintage, military and emergency services vehicles and
– Vintage plane flypasts and fly-in
– A kids’ play zone with giant inflatable slide, toddler play zone, vintage pedal
– Winston Churchill speeches throughout the weekend
– A fabulous funfair
– Wartime re-enactments
– Simulator experiences
– Steam traction engines
– Pleasure flights in light aircraft and helicopters
– Model aircraft static display
– Boeing 747 pop-up WWI and RAF100 museum
– Live period music
– Airport fire crew crash demo of a rescue from a burning aircraft
– Incredible rescue demonstration by a lifeboat hovercraft
– Beer tent and food stalls
– Shopping village
“2018 marks the centenary of the end of WWI and also 100 years of the RAF. These two key anniversaries will be marked at this year’s Cotswold Airport Revival Festival with fundraising initiatives for the Royal British Legion and Flying for Freedom, two charities that support the armed forces and veterans.”
This sounds like a fantastic day out for all the family, and even as a couple we’d have loved to have visited. I particularly love that there will be so much for kids to enjoy – planes and air displays, but also the toddler play zone and kids play zone.
There will also be night shoot on Saturday 29th September to raise funds for the RAF100, where the exciting static aircraft on display at the Revival Festival during the day will uniquely be brought to life with incredible lighting. Props will be running and aircraft will be powered up to present a showstopping rare opportunity for aviation enthusiasts to photograph an eclectic group of incredible aircraft at night-time.
Please Note. All images within this post are from Press Releases from Live Promotions Events, and All images are to be credited to ‘Bob Parker and Tim Shepherd’
* this is an affiliate link, but that just means I get a few pennies from each sale, which means I can keep writing this blog.
This is a collaborative post