Cotswold Farm Park’s Enchanted Light Trail opened last week and so we quickly bought tickets and donning our wellies and waterproofs we went to see the spectacle.
It really was enchanting, spectacular, memorable and fun. We toasted marshmallows (£2/ pack), fed the goats in the barn and followed the story boards around the trail. Watch our video to see what we got up to…
To SKIP my review and tips for visiting the Enchanted Lights and see to all the info you need to BOOK and visit SCROLL DOWN to the grey box at the bottom.
Cotswold Farm Park is located in Guiting Power near Cheltenham (around 40 minutes away) and a lovely family day out feeding lots of animals, seeing exotic farm breeds and even baby chicks – we visited in the summer after the first Covid lockdown – you can read our thoughts on our visit here.
This is the first year that Cotswold Farm Park has run their Enchanted Light Trail and we really hope it comes back next Christmas! Perhaps they’ll be able to have Santa visiting next year too. Fingers crossed we are all back to a bit more normal next year!
To say we had a brilliant time is a bit of an understatement, although my only negative was that for the price, perhaps the marshmallow toasting could have been included… or maybe a hot chocolate?
At present, 14th December there are still tickets left for most evenings, but we have also compiled a list of Christmas Events near Cheltenham, and also Christmas light trails near Cheltenham – which you might like to read too.
Tips for visiting the Enchanted Light Trail at Cotswold Farm Park
How long is the Enchanted Light Trail?
We took around 90 minutes, but could easily have spent longer if it wasn’t raining and if we had had hot chocolates at the end, but as we have a 3 year old and 6 year old who had a full week of school starting the next day we headed home.
It is dark…
It is dark, so some people had torches for the car park – which would have been a great idea as it was really dark!
What should you wear?
Waterproofs and wellies! Wellies and waterproofs are a must – the paths weren’t too muddy or wet, the car park did have big puddles, but we did have waterproofs on in the rain.
A few points to make visiting the Enchanted Light Trail easier –
- Pushchair friendly
- Toilets, cafe etc. all open
- Handwashing and hand santisier available through the park. The warm water in the barn handwashing stations were lovely!
- Smores / marshmallow toasting at the teepee costs £2/per pack – which includes a HUGE marshmallow and 2 biscuits. We split the huge marshmallow up to toast as it was freezing and driving rain.
- Goat food was included!
- As this is an ‘event’ the park closes earlier, and your Enchanted Light Trail ticket is only for the light trail event (at the time you buy your ticket for), and does not include entry to Cotswold Farm Park in the day.
Cotswold Farm Park Enchanted Light Trail Info 2020:
Enchanted Light Trail cost:
- Adults – £19.50
- Senior – £15.00
- Children (4-15 years) – £14.50
- Toddlers (2-3 years) – £7.50
- Babies (0-1 years) – FREE
Book Enchanted Light Trail at Cotswold Farm Park
Enchanted Light Trail dates:
- 3rd December 2020 – 4th January 2021
Enchanted Light Trail session times:
- 15 minute arrival sessions, daily 4.15 pm – 7.30 pm.
- The park is open until 10 pm.
Cotswold Farm Park location:
Guiting Power, Cheltenham, Glos. GL54 5FL