It feels weird writing this post, given I’ve only been blogging for 6 months, I don’t have any real concept of where my blog could be in a years time. But here goes…
CARRY OUT MY CURRENT TO DO LIST
- Add some category pages to provide a good structure to the blog
- Finish my Linkys I Love page… It’s been a work in progress for a while, but mostly because I add a link once a month and then don’t get time again! Actually if I just sat with my laptop it’d take 10 minutes to finish, it’s so much more cumbersome on an iPad!
- Write a ‘Featured In’ page so I can keep trac and also so if brands do stop by my page they can see where I’ve been before even seeing any stats
- Get my #BehindTheLinky series off the ground. I’ve started planning it, just need to finish sorting the formatting
- I need to work at Facebook, my issue is that as I’m semi anonymous, I don’t want to invite all my personal Facebook friends to like my page… It’s a difficult decision, but one I need to contemplate some more. If you’re on Facebook, I’d really appreciate the followers, and if you have any tips I’d really really appreciate any help I can get 🙂
- Continue growing Twitter (I’ve been astounded at how quickly my following has grown, I reached 2,400 followers just before New Year), and use Instagram a bit more. I have also been expanding Pinterest following and also need to work to add all my previous posts to Pinterest.
- Join StumbleUpon…. I’ve only just realised it could be a good option!
I’ve decided I need to limit the Linkys I join, for a while there I was joining every linky left right and centre. I thought I was doing the right thing, but I got so stressed, so anxious and so behind. I was panicing and struggling to keep up with commenting on all the blogs I was meant to. I really tried to read every one properly, but I don’t like rushing things, and like to do it properly, so this strategy doesn’t work for me. Blogging is a hobby at the moment as I’ve only had one product to review and don’t monetise the blog (apart from Amazon Affiliants which has brought in a grand total of ?0.00 so far)…
During this time I also fell behind on replying to comments on my own blog, something I feel terrible about. I really appreciate every comment, and every single reader, and feel I should thank every single person. I’m sorry I haven’t been doing that lately.
So, my plan is to join certain Linkys every week, and others more sporadically. I think I need to stick to where I’ve really been part of the community and hopefully that will allow me to comment as I’d like to on those Linkys (commenting on more than the rules specify) and be really be happy with the balance. This should also allow me to comment on my own blog and if that starts to wane again, I will make more adjustments so that I can always thank my readers and commenters.
Join less Linkys* = Comment on more posts = More time to blog + More time to thank my own readers & reply to comments
Continue to run #TheBabyFormula. I love the community and that, although small, those of you linking seem to like it too as you keep coming back 🙂 I love seeing so many?#TheBabyFormula comments on each linked up post 🙂
*Note. When I say join less Linkys, I will still be joining about 7-8 a week… So
- I love writing whatever I fancy and will keep doing this
- I also plan to keep the series which I’ve started going, as these are fun too and I always get fabulous comments and mostly because I really enjoy writing them too (#thingsparentssay and #mummyhumour)
- I love the fun Linkys ?like #wickedwednesdays by Brummy Mummy of Two,?and hope I can get back into that as H is older, she’s getting into more and more predicaments!
- I also enjoy #throwbackthursdays by Run Jump Scrap and All The Beautiful Things which was another linky I lapsed on recently in an attempt to stop being stressed! but as it’s now monthly, I really will keep up with it…. Here’s to more fab throwbacks!
- Reviews – I’ll keep reviewing what I love, and don’t…. And will accept ?sponsored reviews and products to review if they fit my blog.
- How to’s, these are really satisfying to write and I will keep them up too as and when hey occur to me. I will probably add a specific category page for these posts too… (Note to self!!)
- The lovely RainBeauBelle had a fabulous linky in December called ?’5 Things for ?5′ which I thought was a brilliant idea and took part in (here), I hope this continues each month in 2016 as I really enjoyed it.
STATS & RANKINGS
I’m a sucker for these, any competition or exam, I always want to get an A or reach the top. Well, blogging is no different.
- My blog stats – I’d like to improve these, though having checked google analytics tonight I now see my visitors and views are both much higher than WordPress had me believe, so I had a very nice surprise. I’m just sorry I didn’t add GA straight away … Sorry I’m not giving numbers!
- Twitter – I’m going to be bold and hope to double my current followers, and of course as that would be 4,800 followers, I might as well round it up to 5,000 🙂
- Facebook – I currently have 25 followers, I’d definitely like more than 100 by the end of 2016, preferably a lot more than that, but it’s so difficult to grow so I’ll play it safer!
- Instagram & Pinterest I have 248 and 42 respectively and would just like to keep them growing, perhaps reach 500?followers?
- Top Mommy Blogs – I’ve just joined this, so we’ll see, although I seem to be getting viewers from it already, so if you’ve popped over from there, hi and please share the love if you can hehehe 🙂
- Parent Leaderboard – my last ranking of 2015 was 264, and highest ever was 261 r. So I’d like to break into the top 200.
- Tots 100 – my start of December Ranking was 681, I’d like to break into the top 500 in 2016…. And if I’m being really super duper drunk-too-much-wine ambitious the top 250, yes I did write that…. But I’m sticking with a goal of the top 500 🙂
I did have a post chosen as a Tots100 Good Reads in December, so I’d love to make the list again and perhaps love to be featured on Mumsnet or Netmums, and well The Huff Post would be just AMAZING…. here’s hoping!