The lovely people at Baker Days make a Letterbox Cake which sounds like an interesting concept. I was very intrigued, but don’t worry it’s a fantastic idea!
- I was asked if I’d like to review a cake
- I thought about it
- Haha just kidding. I didn’t need to think about it. I just said “Wooohooooooo! cake!“
So last weekend, we had invited friends for dinner and I thought excellent, this is just the opportunity for our letterbox cake. It was hubby’s birthday just last week too, so this was the perfect surprise for him. Wife, wins. Excellent!
What is a letterbox cake?
Here’s a few quotes from the Baker Day’s website… as let’s face it they say it the best way there is!
- Letterbox Cakes 3-4 portions -?5 inch cakes (12cm x 2.5cm)?“This brilliant cake, as it’s name suggests, can arrive through the post, just like a Birthday card. Cakes by post, it’s the future!”
- So many designs and all can?be personalised! “We have developed an almost unlimited selection of cake designs with messages that can all be personalised to create a unique centre piece to any occasion. We are also able to produce your own special designs.”
- Made and shipped in fantastic secure and safe boxes: “All our cakes are made specially to order and shipped in rugged packaging and we guarantee it will arrive safely and on time.”
- Next day delivery on orders before 2pm in most of the UK! What more could you want!!?“We absolutely guarantee it will arrive fresh, safely and on time. Every one of our cakes will taste like you made it yourself!”
Choosing the cake
So I then had the big decision to make: which cake? I ummmmmed and ahhhhhhhed about all these fabulous cakes, all of which fit through your letterbox! How cool is that.
Here are a few which I really couldn’t choose between:
and this one for a first birthday…
But this was the one I chose. I’ve never seen anything like it, and well, let’s face it this was THE opportunity to?try something unique!
Baker Day’s website is so easy to use. Just pick your occasion, your cake and then you can personalise most of the writing (if not all). So it’s very easy to find the perfect cake and present for your husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, mum, dad, granny, grandad, best friend, aunty, uncle…
So I’d chosen the cake and a few days later it arrived: packaged perfectly, a neat little box right through the letterbox.
Then, I peeked inside the tin, and there was a cake, the image of that I’d chosen on the website. Personalised just right.
Well it was yummy. Lovely sponge with just the right amount of icing. The perfect gift!
Win a Letterbox cake!
Now, I have a surprise my lovely readers… you can win one of these yummy Letterbox cakes (courtesy of Baker Days).
Just enter using the Rafflecopter below. One winner will be selected at random by Rafflecopter and I will pass the winner’s email address onto Baker Days.
Terms and Conditions:
1. One prize will go to one winner. 2) Prize will be supplied by Baker Days. 3) I will notify Baker Days of the winner’s email address. 4) Competition ends 07/02/16. 5) Rafflecopter decision if final. 6) Incomplete entries with be disqualified. 7) Sorry, UK entries only.
Good luck lovely readers,