Last night didn’t go to plan. H woke up at just before 10 screaming the house down. Nothing would calm her. Her teething ring helped marginally, Sophie the giraffe, slightly more, mummy cuddles, a bit more. She was in pain, arching her back and screeching. It was horrible. We changed her nappy, tried milk, breastfeeding and bottle. Nothing worked and so, we resorted to Calpol. It’s only the second time she’s had it in almost 9 months, she really is such a happy baby. Within minutes she calmed down, and 10 minutes later, though looking shattered, she was sat on our bed playing with her monkey, clambering around and babbling – a different baby, albeit a baby still chewing monkey’s nose or paw… or arm.
We just want these teeth to cut. She’s had lumps on her gums since 3 months, 5 months later they’re still there, but we’ve had numerous bouts of grumpyness and chewing everything, dribbling, red gums and little red cheeks. All classic symtoms, but still no teeth. On seeing H’s red gums and bumps, a friend (with 2 children), even told me they’d be any minute now… That was 6 weeks ago.
So, what have we tried? Here’s the list….!
- sophie the giraffe – yes helps a lot
- teething ring
- gel filled teethers
- frozen wash cloth
- Biccie Pegs
- Nelsons Teething Granules
- raw carrot in a fresh fruit holder – not a success, don’t think she saw the point, it wasn’t something yummy and juicy like Apple, grapes, strawberries…
- Chilled grapes in fresh fruit holder – have kept her fairly up grumpy today (so far, touch wood, fingers crossed…!)
- melon slices – the coldness and hard skin might help sooth her gums – I think this helped
- breadsticks – she had one for the first time yesterday for dinner… I’m now wondering if that brought on last night’s pain… (But, I’ll have no idea until she finishes the one she’s currently eating!)
I just want something that will help get her little toothy pegs through!
Any tips appreciated!! We’ll try anything!