Well, I’ve already written about my Blogging Goals for 2016 here, so what would I like to achieve outwith blogging…
- Hubby bought me a sewing machine for Christmas, so most goals revolve around that!
- I’d like to take up all the curtains I’ve been meaning to do on my little mini sewing machine
- Make some cushion covers for our bed and for the living room. I’m loving the tartan ones I keep seeing in the shops.
- Use this gorgeous material (from Hobbycraft btw) to make some bunting for Baby H’s almost finished bedroom
- Make H some super cute leggings, I’ve read they’re quite easy to do just using an existing pair of leggings and drawing round them with a seam allowance… Fingers and toes crossed!
- And my most ambitious aim… Make H some dungarees, and dungarees dresses…. Ambitious??? Oh just a weeeee bit! If anyone has any tips for me, please please help me out!!
- Read more. I really haven’t read a full size book since before H was born. I miss it. I really really miss reading and becoming completely immersed in a story. This is a MUST DO for 2016!
- Secret project 1 & 2: I’ve not even told hubby about this…. (Sorry dear, I will when I figure it out (I just need to make sure H naps nicely to give me a little bit of time, or see if I’m barking up the wrong tree))
Talking of hubby, what are our goals as a couple, and as a family?
- We’d like to take H on her first holiday abroad, maybe get a villa and some boxes of wine, and just chill
- Keep decorating our new house… We’re ploughing on, but we love DIY so believe me we’ll keep finding things to keep us busy
- We went to the cinema once last year, yes once, so we aim to at least double that 🙂
- Visit Bath Spa, hubby bought us a voucher for our anniversary and we’ve not yet been able to go…. I can’t wait though!
- Have a night away, now, Bath isn’t that far from us so we could easily go home, but we’re going to make a full escape one day and also book a hotel for just the two of us!
- We also got a voucher for The Daffodil from hubby’s mum for Christmas so that’s another date night for us later in the year…. Woohooo!
And, finally, but definitely not least… What are my plans now I’m a newly resigned, not going back after mat leave, SAHM???
- Enjoy every minute!
- Go and meet hubby for lunch once a month (I’m not sure I mentioned this one yet hubby… ???)
- Get into a routine. I’m thinking something like, every Wednesday afternoon we might do crafts/painting/drawing, and I’d love every Thursday do baking (yes, maybe I’m ahead of myself, I don’t see a 13 month old helping with baking yet, but later in the year this might work)
- Continue the classes H loves, swimming on Wednesdays, Tatty Bumpkin on Tuesdays
- I’m hoping to be brave and visit my parents on my own with H… It’s a 6-7 hour drive with the stops H needs, so it is a big thing! I might have to coerce my sister to help out 🙂
- Make sure to meet up with my nct friends, they’ve been a massive support these last 13 months, and I think we’ve made some friends for life. I blogged about how friends were so important here.
Well, I think that’s quite enough goals and resolutions for one family! I might have got carried away…. I’ve also written an entirely separate post of blogging goals here and if you missed it check out my ‘2015 Review / 6 Months of Blogging‘ too!
Have you made any personal goals? Even silly little things?