I was recently asked by Summer Infant?to review their fabulous Ume One pushchair. A very nice parcel arrived a few days later… containing a red Summer Infant Ume One! It’s it fabulous?
The Ume One is sold on Amazon?and also Argos.
Anyway, when I say fabulous, I mean it really is a super pushchair. It comes complete with a drinks holder and rain cover, which is a real bonus as lets face it you don’t want to have to buy such essentials, and every mummy needs a coffee or bottle of water to hand! Along with these added extras, it has loads of really useful features.
Here it is unwrapped, it was simple to put together, just slot the hood on, and you can see the cupholder… (can you tell I’m a fan of tea yet???)
Feature List (all are massive POSITIVES):
- it’s super lightweight, only 6.5 kg ,?it even has a carry handle!
- has a massive hood, protecting baby – it’s really very shielding
- it reclines very flat, so is suitable from birth
- it’s very adjustable, both with various levels of recline (lie flat to sitting up) and also adjustments for baby’s feet (they can be down or straight out) therefore you have one uber comfy baby!
- its very manoeuvrable, the wheels just swivel wherever you want it to go
- really easy to fold
- a really large basket
- a pocket on the back of the hood for my phone, purse, keys… (really this is SO useful)
- a large well placed peekaboo flap to check on baby
- a velcro flap over the catch so baby can’t play with it
- pivots on the straps so that they can’t become tangled
It really is a well thought out pushchair with so many extras! I love the fact that the straps never tangle, so the catch is always really easy to do up. It’s so easy to use and baby looks nice and comfy… she regularly falls asleep in it, which is a huge plus in my book!
I also think the lie flat recline is fantastic, baby is very sheltered and comfy. I actually think more so than in my Oyster!
As you all know I don’t ever write a review here unless I’ve used an item for a substantial amount of time and know exactly how I feel about it. I won’t review it until I know it’s features, know how it works, and have tried it in a multitude of settings. My other pushchair, the Babystyle Oyster 2, which I’ve had since H was born, is brilliant but has some drawbacks, and I waited 6 months before reviewing it. You can read my Oyster 2 review here. I love my Oyster, my car seat slots onto it, and it has the pram attachment, however, as a pushchair there aren’t any sides to it so it’s not really as cosy or as flat as the Ume One, it’s also nowhere near as light. I now love the Ume One for these reasons and only use the Oyster when I think H is at risk of falling asleep in the car. I’m not brave enough to transfer her from car to pushchair and back when she’s asleep – I haven’t perfected that mummy-technique yet. However, yes, I’m very aware we’re unlikely to be able to put the car seat on the pram much longer as H is 11 months and so close to outgrowing it. So if using the car seat is no longer a possibility, the Ume definitely ticks all the boxes I need. I 100% recommend it!
Not only do I like the Ume One, friends have commented on it too. They’ve compared it to theirs and also think its packed with features, very solid for this sort of pushchair, and easy to use.
Here are some pictures of us using it…
So what are my five favourite features:
- It’s so light and easy to take anywhere
- It’s very easy to manoeuvre
- Its is very cosy for baby and has nice sides and a huge hood, ensuring she’s snug and happy
- It has a really large peekaboo window so I can check on baby easily
- It is a fab pocket on the back of the hood… I don’t need to take a bag with me when going to the corner shop or on a ‘lets get baby to sleep walk.’ Just throw my keys and phone in the pocket and off I go 🙂
I 100% recommend the Ume One, it is so user friendly, it’s light, so easy to push and manoeuvre, it fits easily everywhere I’ve taken it, shops, cafes, parks and across paths, grass, gravel and more. ?It comes with all the accessories you need, folds very easily and very importantly, baby looks incredibly cosy, protected and comfy. The Ume appears very well constructed, strong and well built.
Disclaimer: I was sent the Ume One for the purpose of this review, however, all opinions are my own, and I have been completely and utterly honest. I also use Amazon Affiliate links.