It’s the end of August, I have no idea where summer has gone, have you? Please enlighten me! Well, to summaries my summer as I’ve been useless at writing any bucket lists since June… I’ve enjoyed a few breaks, and a few weeks of pulling back on blogging. enjoyed the lovely weather, a family wedding and lots of play dates with friends and their little ones. Ok, I’ve enjoyed chatting and coffees and adult company.
In terms of blogging, I’ve lost my oomph a bit, but it’s on it’s way back…. so expect more regular posts again from this week.
So, lets’ get on with it: here is my September Bucket List and August review which I’m linking to Twinderelmo’s Bucket List linky.
My most viewed posts:
- How to Make a Hey Duggee Cake
- Flying with a Toddler (18 months)
- Tongue-Tie nightmare
- 35 Activities for toddlers (using household objects)
- #MummyinBusiness – Hayley from Mission: Mindfulness
#MummyInBusiness guest post series:
This launched in July, and so far we’ve had the gorgeous Jilly Mac and School Style along with some art and bridal accessories, freelancing PR whiz Natalie from Mum In Brum, and Hayley from Mission: Mindfulness. I love this series, it’s so inspiring and has received so many fab comments – thank you all!
Click here if you have your own business or are a freelancer to take part.
August seems to have been quite full of reviews or tutorial type posts… I think I went into ‘arghhhhh it’s school holidays, that means there is NO routine, and nothing on’ mode. So, I tried to fill the gap, and potentially, my good intentions failed as I still have to write a few how to posts that I promised. They will come soon, promise!
- Strawberry Picking at Primrose Vale
- Birdland, Bourton-on-the-Water – a brilliant family day out
- Glass Painting – Paint your own spotty wine glasses
- Make a fuzzy felt board – toddler activities
We're just finishing off these gorgeous strawberries we picked on Friday ☀️🍓 @primrosevale Read more about our lovely week over on the #blog (Link in bio ⬆️) . . . . #pblogger #mblogger #mummyblogger #ukblogger #pyo #strawberries #strawberrypicking #toddler #newlook #tesco #daysout #thingstodo #summer #summerholidays #parenting #schoolholidays #ukblogger#primrosevale
Sign up to my post emails so you don’t miss the fab competitions I have launching this month (there are a few!)
Stats for August:
- Twitter: 6.2k end of August (5.6k end of June 4.9k end May, 4.5k April)
- Facebook: 304 end August (265 June, 189 May, 163 April)
- Instagram: 1146 and August (947 followers 714 followers, 560 April)
- Pinterest: 143 (117 followers, 111 April)
- Tots100 – 269, (227 in July, 489 May, but by the end of the month it had been adjusted to 501), 450 April)
- Parent Blogger Club -up to 151 ?
How did I do? June’s Bucket List:
- Keep growing my social media following. – especially Facebook and Instagram
- Finish recategorising all my posts as my categories are all over the place – done mostly
- Write some fab review posts – done a few 🙂
- Write a post for Cuddle Fairy‘s Happiness Guest Post Series. – still to do
- Go on holiday abroad with toddler H, our first holiday abroad as a family of 3 🙂 – tips welcome!
- visit family and friends – done 🙂 My first solo trip – 6 hours driving with Toddler H
- Write my top plane travel tips with an 18 month old post – done
- Launch my first #MumsInBusiness post interviewing the fab School Style (if you are a mum in business you can take part too here) – done check it out here and let me know if you want to take part!
- Attend Brit Mums Live, my first blogging conference!!! #excited – done – it was fab, so useful & lovely to meet everyone ??
A bonus I have to mention… hubby and I have had two, yes TWO date nights in August. These were quite unexpected. We had hoped to get one evening off this summer when my parents visited, but as they stayed longer, we got to go out twice. It. Was. AMAZING.
September’s Bucket List:
- Continue with Facebook & Instagram growth
- Work on the blog’s focus
- Write about my holiday to Menorca in May
- Publish all our home diy posts that have been pottering away in the background
- Write a post for Cuddle Fairy’s Happiness Guest Post series (I’ve been saying this for about 6 months now!)
- Have a break this month of next
- Publish the next #MummyInBusiness post sign up to post notifications so you don’t miss it!
- if you are a mum in business you can take part too – details here – just email me your answers!
Thanks for all the blog love!