As many reading will know, we moved house recently and have been doing bits and pieces to it since. We’re very luckily to have a playroom beside the kitchen and want it to be a safe fun place for baby H.
We put a lot of thought into the playroom because, let’s face it…
(Playroom + Baby safety) x lots of fun decorations = Happy Mummy + Happy Baby
We’ve added coving from Wickes 127mm coving (?21.49 for a pack of 5). Hubby also recommends using a coving mitre box (Coveasy – The foolproof coving mitre box.) which makes cutting the coving a doddle.
We also bought a radiator cover to protect H’s little hands from the heat from Homebase.
We haven’t added curtains or blinds yet, but as there is a door and window together we’re going round in circles trying to decide. I think blinds will have a nice clean look (with one blind for the window and a really long one for the door). But I so love curtains like these:
- Catherine Lansfield Owl Curtains – Pink (Amazon)
- Fairy Castle Curtains (?24.99 from Amazon)
- Princess Castle with Tie Backs (?7.97 from Amazon)
We want it to be a fun room, so stickers like these are a must:
- Rainbow Fox? Jungle Forest Zoo Animal World Monkey Playing on Trees Wall Decal Sticker For Nursery
- Sleeping Monkey On Pink Flower Tree Wall Sticker For Children Bedroom Baby Nursery
- Large Side Wall Tree Branch Birds Art Vinyl Wall Transfer Sticker – HIGH QUALITY (White)
- Decalshut Vinyl Wall Decal Birch Tree Wall stickers for Nursery Wall decal Stickers Living Room Decor
I also love these rugs from Next and Tesco…
- Disney Primcess Ugo Tent – Debenhams ?30.00
- Pink Princess Castle Play Tent – Amazon ?14.99
- Paper Pom Poms – Notonthehighstreet.com
- SKOJIG Yellow Cloud Ceiling Light – IKEA ?14
I really love the idea of fairy lights and pom-poms, because who didn’t love making them as a kid?
What do you think?
I took some of my inspiration for the playroom from Pinterest… Check out my playroom Pinterest board here.
Disclosure: I have not been paid to write this post or received any items in is post for free… However, the links to Amazon are affiliate links so if you click and buy, I might receive a penny or two.